You Can Now Pay A Company $32,000 To Give Your Baby A Unique Name
Swiss company Erfolgswelle says it will create a completely original, never-before-used name for your baby.
1. ~Unique~ baby names have become quite A Thing in recent years.
2. And while names like Prairie and Zola and Jagger may be somewhat unique, some parents really want to take things to the next level.
3. Now Swiss company Erfolgswelle is here to help. It says its team of experts can create a completely original name for your child.
5. “We follow a creation process that takes around 100 hours,” Marc Hauser, owner and CEO of Erfolgswelle, told BuzzFeed Life.
The name is chosen by a team of people that includes 14 creative naming experts, four historians, 12 translators who confirm the name doesn’t have bad connotations in another language, and two trademark attorneys who ensure the baby’s name is not registered already as a brand or a product.
6. After brainstorming hundreds of names, Hauser’s team presents 15 to 25 names to the parents.
If the parents don’t like the names, they’ll start another creative round and come up with 10–15 additional names, Hauser said. “The family is always in charge — they have the rudder in their hands.”
7. The team also creates “a new history and mythology” for the new name.
“Based on the elements of the new name, we create a story with a positive message around the name. That’s why all the parts of the name need a positive message in it,” Hauser said. “We often combine words in a new order. It’s like composing music or drawing; like all creatives, we transform existing elements into new, never-heard creations. Or we find fantastic words that were never used before as pre-names.”
8. Hauser would not say how many people have used the service, nor would he reveal any of the winning names to BuzzFeed Life, citing the families’ privacy.
But, he said, chances are high that we’ll hear new names in the future.